Yale students have the option to register and vote in either New Haven or their home state. Follow these instructions to register and vote in your home state:
VOTING AS A RESIDENT OF YOUR HOME STATE:
- You should register to vote using your home address. Once registered, request an absentee ballot using TurboVote. TurboVote will send you a partially completed absentee ballot form (based on the information you used to sign up) to your Yale email. TurboVote will provide you with the steps necessary to submit the absentee ballot as well as your state-specific submission deadlines.
- Many states require absentee ballot applications to be submitted by mail. Yale College students can visit their Residential College Office to print and mail their forms free of charge. Yale College students requesting absentee ballots should be aware that their residential college offices will accept election mail. As so, undergraduate students may send absentee ballots to their Residential College (Head of College) office address as their official local address. *(Note: Only student mail related to voting may be sent to these address; other forms of mail should not be sent there).
- Please be aware that deadlines for requesting and returning an absentee ballot are often long before election day. To see deadlines for your state, please visit here. To find the address for your local election office, use this website. To find your state’s official election websites, click here.
- We recommend you mail in your completed absentee ballots no later than October 19th, 2 weeks before election day.
- For more state-specific information, please refer to your state’s information document here.
FIND YOUR POLLING LOCATION:
Please use this polling place locator to find your local polling station based on your home state.